This MUCK is provided as a forum for exploration of Roleplay in this medium of 'virtual reality' for users of legal age, for this purpose considered to be eighteen (18) years of age or the legal age of their country, province, district and location, whichever is greater. This is an mature-themed MUCK, concerning activities of various social natures. Each character is registered to a single player or user. You, the user, are therefore responsible for all actions taken by that character for purposes of this Acceptable Use Policy.
By using your character login, you, the user, agree to the following:
- Access to this MUCK, and the computing resources required to operate this MUCK, is granted to users on a revokable basis, and at no time is this access guaranteed. User presences on this MUCK should therefore be considered to be a privilege; no 'right of access' should be construed by any user to this MUCK.
- This MUCK's services may be used only for lawful purposes. Transmission or solicitation for reception of material which violates the Federal laws of Canada and Australia, or any laws of the area in which users reside is prohibited.
Material that may not be transmitted over, or solicited through this MUCK, includes the following:
- Libelous or slanderous material, including but not necessarily restricted to untrue statements regarding any legal issue or personal status.
- Fraudulent material in general, or material which is intended for the purpose of fraudulent activity or any attempt to defraud.
- Photographic material depicting people under the age of sexual consent according to Canadian and Australian law (18) involved in sexual situations, or according to the laws pertinent to the location of residence of any such user(s) should such local regulations denote a higher age.
- Material supporting, urging or organizing violation of the Federal laws of Canadia, Australia, or the area in which the user resides.
- Material disclosing matters whose nondisclosure is a matter of national or company security (espionage).
- Material violating a copyright.
- Material which constitutes harassment, either of individuals or groups. This shall also be construed to include 'hate speech' which is intended to degrade, demean, or otherwise incite action against any person or group of persons on the basis of ethnicity, gender, or sexual preference.
- Material that constitutes any kind of abuse of dependency or weakness.
- Material that without the consent of a person mentions the email address, name or other personal data regarding the person, or private data of a person's character on the MUCK.
You, the user, agree to indemnify and hold harmless this MUCK, its Administrators (aka. Wizards), the owners/operators of the computing resources, and all other parties connected with the administration of this MUCK from all claims which are a result of your usage, without limitation. You also agree that any traffic which originates from your character or connection is your personal legal responsibility. Notwithstanding the above, you further agree that should the above administrative persons and/or entities be found liable in a court of law for any action or lack of action related to your use of this MUCK, the liability of said administrative parties is limited to $0.00.
Note also that any disputes arising between players on this MUCK shall be settled by arbitration or mediation on this MUCK. Direct contact with furryfaire.org, and other similar entities will be considered a disruption by the administrators (i.e., Wizards) of this MUCK, and players engaging in and/or involved in such actions will be subject to temporary or permanent removal from this MUCK.
FurryFaire MUCK's administrators reserve the right to monitor and/or record any and all communications through or with this MUCK's computing facilities by users. Users shall agree that this MUCK's facilities are NOT to be considered a secure communications medium, and that no expectation of privacy is afforded from such reasonable usage of said monitoring.
Players on this MUCK other than Wizards are specifically enjoined from the use of any programming, coding, or other methods to read, discover, or otherwise divulge for their own use any personal properties, objects, or other data otherwise not publicly visible. Such violations of privacy are considered above and beyond the types of monitoring which can and should be engaged in by the MUCK's administrators, and are considered an invasion of privacy between players, and will cause the violator(s) to be subject to disciplinary action. Note that this limitation only extends to such programming, coding, or other means which causes such information to be directly viewable, or viewable via a log or other means; it does not enjoin players from the use of such programs which, although they may be capable of reading such private data, do not divulge the information which they read or encounter in the course of normal operation.
Access to this MUCK by users may be denied for any reason deemed appropriate by the Administrators (aka. Wizards), including but not limited to:
- Using the system to transmit Real Life threats of harm or perceived threats of harm to another user.
- Harassment of another user or character.
- Attempting to crash or corrupt the database or computing resources of the MUCK.
- Falsification of registration information.
- Violation of expectations of reasonable privacy between non-Wizard users. Such reasons shall also be considered a violation of the terms and conditions of service and may be actionable as below.
- Violation of any of the terms and conditions of service may result in any or all of the following:
- Suspension of access to the MUCK and its computing resources for a time to be determined by the administrators.
- Removal of your character and termination of access to the MUCK and its computing resources without prior notice.
- Notification of your site and/or system administrators.
- Notification of civil and/or law enforcement authorities.
FurryFaire MUCK places restrictions upon the age of users. Due to the present world political climate, this MUCK's administrators have chosen to limit access to those of eighteen (18) years of age or older. All characters on this MUCK must present themselves to be of legal age as well, although costuming and kinks involving ageplay may be engaged in, albeit with characters over the legal age. Given that no means of verification is foolproof, FurryFaire will function under an honor system, taking a character connection to declare the user to be over the legal age (18). Any user found to be under the legal age will be @toaded immediately with the potential for siteban and notification of your ISP.
Any user having substantive information regarding a minor making use of the MUCK and its resources should contact the MUCK administration immediately.